Monday, February 18, 2013

RANT: my problem with YouTube and Beautylish.

First off: my apologies for being AWOL for the past however amount of days, life happened and I had about twenty assignments due, leaving me no time for this precious new baby of mine. Thankfully, I am on a week long break from school this week so I should be able to create a plethora of new posts, given what I have now.

Anyway, I have come today with nothing super beauty related, just based around the beauty community. I'm fairly active on YouTube and Beautylish, but I have come across some problems lately that are too long to rant about on Twitter.

I love everyone I watch on YouTube to death, beauty related or not. However, I find that I come across a lot less problems when I comment on the "lesser known" gurus, which have become my favourite circle to watch recently due to these next couple of reasons. Now, I love the following to death: Andrea, Kalyn, Kirsten, Rikki, Jessica, and Rachel. If I comment on their videos, when I get a reply it is typically from them, and I love that aspect. However, if I comment on one of the "bigger" YouTubers' videos, I get a response from the viewers. I should note that I never get a response if the comment is positive, but if it's negative, the hardcore fangirls will bite back, and it's never pleasant.

Now, this wouldn't be a problem if these girls weren't so nasty. But I commented on a video today, and I got two responses, both getting mad at me for an opinion. I did not like this video (which I will not mention, because the "guru" is lovely when she does not do videos in this style), and said that trying so hard was not cute, or something along those lines. I really just felt like it needed to be said amongst the comments of  "I LOVE THIS VIDEO SO MUCH" (which I read in a Rachel Tice voice because it happened to fit so well). Two girls responded, and they were a lot less than kind. One told me I was being a bitch, and it wasn't cute. Well, an opinion does not a bitch make.

Another thing I find a lot on these bigger YouTuber's videos, is these dumb "watch my channel" comments. I just hate these in general and have nothing against the girls other than the fact that I see them more than actual comments.

And now to Beautylish!

Oh, Beautylish, how I love thee. However, the users I could do without, for the most part. Beautylish is where I encountered the lovely Rikki, mentioned previously. She is probably one of the smartest people on there. However, some of these girls are just...ugh.

If I see one more post about the Naked palettes, I'm going to scream. If I see one more post about "how old do I look"/"does this work"/"am i pretty", I am going to scream. Just. Stop. This is a place to go ask about makeup and review things and help other people out, not to seek validation. Just.
Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment